Possible Ich Treatment (Invert & Macro Algae Safe)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy-from-NY

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, if one person in this world tried everything possible to cure a disease in my prized fish would be me. Almost anything that you can possibly think of, I have tried. I will say that for a fish only tank (SW), what has worked for me every time time around was Cupramine, Food soaked with Selcon & Garlic (1st Feeding) & Food mixed with SeaChem (Focus & Metronidalzole). I never had a fish die on me and all went well. But, now it's a different story, I shall be trying a combination of several products since I now have a reef tank and keep you all posted. THis is step by step what I shall be attempting:

Fish in my tank:
1-Humu Trigger, 1-Niger Trigger, 1-Yellow Tangs, 1-Purple Tang
1-Sailfin Tang, 1-Hippo Tang, 1-Green Bird Wrasse, 1-Snowflake Eel
1-Ghost Eel, 1-Pink Spotted Watchman Goby, 1-Red Pygmy Angel
4-3 Stripe damsels, 1-Teira Batfish

Inverts & Macro Algae in my tank:
1 Sand shifting Star, 20 Nassuras Snails, Cheatamopha & Caulerpa.

Ich Treatment:

1) Ruby Reef Kick Ich
2) Ruby Reef Rally
3) Feeding 1- Garlic Soaked with Selcon
4) Feeding 2- Garlic soaked.

Today, I just treated my tank for the first time and all fish ate and inverts are doing well, I shall keep you posted and let you know what happens.

OH, Just if anyone is curious here is a list of my filtration source:
1) Aqua Medic- Nitrate Reductor 1000
2) Maxi Reef 100 Wet/Dry Filter
3) Eheim 2217- used for storage of Phosphate bags & Chemi Pure.
4) Eco Aqualizor 125
5) UV Sterilizor 25 Watts
6) Kent EX Skimmer
7) 30 Gallon Refugium
8) 1/2 HP Arctica Chiller

Stop Parasite works decent.. As with all supposed Reef safe Ich treatments make sure you monitor pH extremely close... I have had 100% success with Stop Parasite..

James

Wait a minute....did I miss something? Is there an effective way to treat ich, and velvet, in a reef tank??? :?

Effective and safe LOL ??? I dont think that I would use the Stop Parasite again in my reef tank but when I did I dont remember having any issues and It did rid my tank of Ich... If you look at some of my first posts you should find it.. You could probably search for Stop Parasite as well to see my full experience with it.. There was a review in the reviews section but I think it disappeared some how..

James

cj10488 said:
Stop Parasite works decent.. As with all supposed Reef safe Ich treatments make sure you monitor pH extremely close... I have had 100% success with Stop Parasite..

James

Tell me if you ever heard of Kick Ich since I was told that it's better then Stop Parasite.

Day 2:

All fish are eating well, Soaked thier feedings with Garlic Extreme and selcon. Remember, I shall not know if this works until about a month.

Tell me if you ever heard of Kick Ich since I was told that it's better then Stop Parasite.
I have heard of It but after talking with the creator of Stop Parasite I decided to go with it... IMO I wouldnt try anything else other than the stop parasite.. All this Reef Safe stuff is all a gamble no matter what IMO

James

You should probably leave the skimmer off so not to pull meds out of the water. You probably already know, but take it out and clean it incase contaminated with ich.

Is this treatment safe for the biofilter also?

Keep us posted on how this works for you...

I think this Ruby reef crap is not working since the fish are getting more infected, even tough they are eatting, the spots just seem to increase and spread.

Back
Top Bottom