Possible over feeding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vTEC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright quick question...

My dwarf lionfish wasnt eating, and he finally started eating some ghost shrimp. Now I fed him maybe 3 and a tiny shrimp. And that was it for a few days.

Since he hadnt eaten in a week, was this maybe too much food for him in one sitting? The shrimp were maybe a cm and a half not huge at all..

I also forgot to mention to my neighbour who was fish sitting for me, not to feed him anymore... and needless to say.. my neighbour killed my fish...

So after all those long argumentative posts about my dwarf lionfish and other creatures, he's dead.

Soooo is it possible that he ate too much??? i know that you shouldn't over feed lionfish.. and this I guess is the result? death?

Lol ah well.. learning experience... I'll wait a little longer till i add anything else... I'm going to test my water again incase anything went wrong with the water.

So sorry for your loss. :(

It is possible to feed them to much and cause them an early death but, that would take more than a few days. Perhaps your water tests will shed some light.

Thanks Cindy...

I'll have a water test by this weekend. It was so wierd with his sudden death... I buried him this afternoon, and the funny thing is, is that his mouth was gaping open... Really odd...

Back
Top Bottom