Possible sick False Perc. clown :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys

Maybe one of you can cast some light on this. I have a pair of False Perc. clowns. The female ( Larger ?) has been staying to herself , not eating since last night, and looks physically bloated in the stomach. Breathing noticable faster too. She was fine last night. I just checked water conditions and they are good. All other inhabitants are fine,as are all corals. Any ideas.

I have had these two for about 6 months now....could she be carrying eggs ?
Might they be a mated pair by now? Or just wishfull thinking.

Possible it's egg layden but more commonly this will be from foods fed. A constant meaty diet will "clog the pipes" so to speak. A few things to try.... At the next feeding, mash up some slightly softened mashed peas into the clowns favorite food. The peas will grease the wheels and free the blockage. Always try to use a quality marine liq vitamin to soak foods in prior to feeding and do a few good sized water changes with well aged/aerated SW.

How are your water specs, especially the nitrogens and ph? Are the Chromis or Gramma being aggressive at all?

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve-s

Ill try that. She looks better today. Ill mash some peas with tonights meal.
The Gamma and Chromis dont bother her at all.....Im kinda surprised, the male has been keeping her company the whole time. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom