Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 438
Potential ich . . . need advice

I bought two fish the other day and have them in QT. I know, I know, it's best to introduce one at a time, but these two were in the same tank and they looked great. The two fish are a Maroon Clown and a Coral Beauty. I monitor the QT very closely so I am sure they will be fine through the QT period.

Here's my question:

I notice what MIGHT be a white speck on the coral beauty. I am going out of town tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until Monday night. Should I go ahead and start my Cupramine treatment now just in case? I fear that if this is ich and I come back on Monday, it might already be too late. I know it's not recommended to treat if you don't know for sure, but I don't want to lose these two.

Please let me know what you think. TIA

tripper
__________________

__________________
tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,832
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Anyone gonna be there to watch the fish over the weekend? Can you trust them to medicate and water change?
If its only a spot or 2, should be OK for the weekend. I can't promise, but if it is ich I think you could wait.
__________________

__________________
quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 438
Unfortunately, no. This trip was a little unexpected, I probably wouldn't have purchased these fish if I knew I was going away. I thought I might do the first dose of Cupramine before I leave, then add the second once I get back. This wouldn't be too stressful on the fish, but would be a pro-active step if there is indeed a parasite.
__________________
tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,832
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
OK, I understand. I would dose soon so you can watch the biological filter for a bit. It may go out of wack.
If it were me and the fish were not stressing, I would be inclined to wait until Monday.
Lets see if anyone else chimes in for another opinion.
__________________
quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fighting ich... need advice cogburn Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 6 04-09-2009 09:48 PM
advice on dealing with ich malloc Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 5 05-12-2007 01:41 AM
Ich prevention: All potential Tang owners should read this spinman Saltwater Reef Aquaria 3 02-14-2006 01:32 PM
Potential Crash Advice Zanotti Saltwater Reef Aquaria 3 05-03-2005 04:11 PM
I Need some ICH advice... Please Help! joshly Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 6 04-27-2005 04:51 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.