Potential ich . . . need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought two fish the other day and have them in QT. I know, I know, it's best to introduce one at a time, but these two were in the same tank and they looked great. The two fish are a Maroon Clown and a Coral Beauty. I monitor the QT very closely so I am sure they will be fine through the QT period.

Here's my question:

I notice what MIGHT be a white speck on the coral beauty. I am going out of town tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until Monday night. Should I go ahead and start my Cupramine treatment now just in case? I fear that if this is ich and I come back on Monday, it might already be too late. I know it's not recommended to treat if you don't know for sure, but I don't want to lose these two.

Please let me know what you think. TIA

tripper

Anyone gonna be there to watch the fish over the weekend? Can you trust them to medicate and water change?
If its only a spot or 2, should be OK for the weekend. I can't promise, but if it is ich I think you could wait.

Unfortunately, no. This trip was a little unexpected, I probably wouldn't have purchased these fish if I knew I was going away. I thought I might do the first dose of Cupramine before I leave, then add the second once I get back. This wouldn't be too stressful on the fish, but would be a pro-active step if there is indeed a parasite.

OK, I understand. I would dose soon so you can watch the biological filter for a bit. It may go out of wack.
If it were me and the fish were not stressing, I would be inclined to wait until Monday.
Lets see if anyone else chimes in for another opinion.

Back
Top Bottom