Potters Angel Ich help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aneata

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently bought a potters angel. I made a stupid mistake of not quarantining him. I've been waiting for my LFS to get one forever and I was leaving out of town the next day and they wouldn't hold it for me. Looked fine at the store. I haven't added new fish in months so I didn't have my quarantine tank up and running so I just added him. Ugh ya lame excuses I know. Definitely paying the price. He has been in my tank for 3 days. I just got home today and it is covered in white spots. Probably the most depressing moment ever.

He is super active though which I'm hoping is a good sign. He didn't eat any food I added but has been grazing on the rocks all day. He along with a few of my other fish have been occasionally flashing so I'm assuming everyone has got it now.

I've spent the last few hours reading about it and I know I have to quarantine everyone which is going to be a nightmare but unavoidable.

My question is how big does the quarantine tank need to be? And what needs to be in it? What type of filter do I use?

Current stock: 72 gallon

Potters angel
2 clown
Yellow tang
Royal gramma
3 azure damsels

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415077921.457824.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415077948.428613.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415077839.750825.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415077869.410972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did you see him eat in the store before you got him? Potters are notorious for not eating any prepared foods in captivity. Unless he's eating I fear e won't last long in a qt setup. I'd want a 20g qt for him and keep it simple with a hob filter and PVC to hide in. Then treat with hypo. But like I said if he's not eating it will be tough

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom