Powder blue and Maroon Clownfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popothemailman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my powder blue tang for over a month now, and the only thing i can get him to eat is "sally's seaweed." I've tried feeding him spectrum pellets, frozen brine and mysis, and even live brine, but only the clowns go for them, he just gets close to one and swims away, waiting for me to add some seaweed to the clip. Not even Garlic Xtreme works for him, should i be worried, are there any foods that he might go for or any enhancers that i can add to the food so he will start going for them?

Also I have 2 maroon clownfish that i have also had for over 1 month, 1 is 2 1/4in and the other is about 1 1/4 (including tail). The big one used to harass the little one but after a week they have been getting along. They do not however "hang out" the little one is on the left of the tank and the big one on the right. They don't even share an anemone. Will they eventually become a pair? is the little one too young to become a male? Basically is there a chance?

Being a herbivore, it's not shocking he's not taking the meaty foods. Some do and some don't. I wouldn't worry as long as he's eating. JMO
There's not guarantee that your clowns will pair up. Having one a good bit younger though improves your chances. So yes, I'd say there is a chance.

Back
Top Bottom