Powder Blue Tang????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demotaz7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has a weird mark going down the side...looks like a swollen vein...any ideas?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130129_125804.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130129_125804.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 122
That is its lateral line. Probably showing because it is very skinny . Get that guy fattened up and just make sure it doesnt get worse.

Is it eating a lot? Maybe some kind of internal parasite if so. Healthy Tangs tend to be "stocky". Almost hate to ask, but what size tank and what tank mates?

[ ] Powder Blue Tang
[ ] Cleaner shrimp
[ ] Clown fish
[ ] Mandarin goby
[ ] Fire fish
[ ] Chromis
[ ] Orange spotted sand sifter
[ ] Anthiest
[ ] Emerald crab
[ ] Hermit crabs
zoas

90 gallon

The fish is???

If its eating a lot and staying really thin, my guess would be an internal parasite. I'm honestly not sure what the best treatment out there is for that. It's been several years since I dealt with that. Are you adding any garlic supplement to the nori? I've heard that helps with strength and immunity, but its not a cure .

Keep in mind that you have a Tang that gets pretty big and very aggressive as it matures in a smaller than recommended tank. That will likely cause problems in the future.

I meant the size of the spots....but ive added garlic to the nori n the spots just come and go....but now my firefish have em...we'll b getting rid of this tang on tues for sure...and other ideas on clearing a tank with ick after we get rid of the tang....i heard it will eventually die out if theres no food source..

Just remember that fish is the food source. As long as there are fish in the tank there is a food source.

Back
Top Bottom