powder blue tang eating bit not gaining weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpeedRacerXX1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
he eats nori, other types of seaweed, red, brown, stuff from rocks, glass, but will not eat flakes or anything, and he seems to be staying with the green chromis i have in the tank which i think is odd. because the chromis are eating the seaweed off the clip also. what can i do to make him eat from the water column he will look at the food that the other fish eat but will not touch it. should i just wait or be concerned about him cause i dont want to lose this fish. any help thanks.

joe

seaweed and algae is the PBT's natural diet so its not strange that its ignoring the flake food. My PBT will take meaty food like brine shrimp and my homemade blender mush. You could try introducing a little meaty food in small bits so it can easily eat it.

How long have you had the PBT? It took mine several months of a good diet of nori and occasional meaty foods before it was really plump. For several months there was a growing buldge behind the pectoral fins as it got more and more healthy from its diet.

Offer the seaweed daily. I feed 1/2 to 1/3ed of a 8X11" sheet of nori daily.

Back
Top Bottom