Powder Blue Tang ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that may or may not be part of the problem. I know that others are prob going to criticize me for saying this but oh well. you need (NEED) a qt tank for stocking a tank. think ridding a tank and 1 fish of ich is rough? just imagine if your tank was fully stocked and packed with inverts. the beauty of qt tanks is that they don't have to be permanent setups. I currently have a 10g sitting on the floor right next to my 125 (new fish coming in and one fish in time out) I know you said you don't have room but im sure you do somewhere. even on the floor in the corner of the room would work, if nothing more to make sure a new fish is eating right. just to put it in perspective, I just bought a $60 flame angel, why would I want to put him directly in my 125 and risk infecting roughly $500-600 worth of fish? wish you the best of luck curing this ich problem

Your options are limited if you can not rehome the corals and can't do a QT. To treat in your DT is either going to require copper (which will kill the corals and make the tank unsafe for future corals after things clear up) or you go Hyposalinity (which will kill the corals, but have no future issues with adding corals). You mentioned that you could hand those off to someone, but it would not be any better...why not?

Unfortunately, without QT, you run the very likely chance that this sort of thing will continue to happen. In the long run, QT saves money and frustration. I used to only use mine when adding new fish. Now I have a small hex in the bedroom that I keep running, but also have a 45g for larger additions. That's only up when it needs to be, otherwise its in the garage.

My QT is also in the outside shed. I had just set it up to QT my new Tang, then 2 weeks later it was done and gone. The biopad for the filter is back in the sump along with a few PVC pipe sections to get BB'ed again after I washed and dried them. It's a 30 gal, but I'm thinking on getting a small 10 gal as well, for the new goby I need to get.

Lshann14 said:
Thanks guys
And the other people have a tank filled with apstasia

Aptasia wouldnt really affect your fish, although that may be an indicator of poor water quality

Can you get the corals to a LFS? See if there might be a local reef club? Post on Craigslist and see if someone local would let you have some tank space for a few weeks. Maybe someone here is local?

I set my QT up on the dining table( towel under). I got a 29 gal and light off Craig's list for $35, was cheaper than losing all my fish!

Kristy3693 said:
cheaper than losing all my fish!

This is usually the one thought i keep stuck in my head at all times. So if i am thinking of doing anything risky... I dont

I live In a huge city...
In Texas...
There are no LFS only Petco and they won't take anything.
And the PBT and the coral died; along with all, but one of my shrimp

I live in Texas too. What city do you live in ?cause where I live in hays tx(near Austin), there's plenty of fish stores.

Back
Top Bottom