Powder Blue Tang ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lshann14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a nice 4" PBT that I have had for 4 days. When I first got him he was doing great for the first few day until this morning. When I went up the stairs to check on my tank he wasn't looking to good. He had brown ICH spots all over him. Do you have any advice?
I don't have quarantine or any room for a quarantine tank
I have an anemone in their and a piece of coral
Thanks

Attachments

• image-4249308412.jpg
    image-4249308412.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image-311747961.jpg
    image-311747961.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image-2294786512.jpg
    image-2294786512.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 130
Have a nice 4" PBT that I have had for 4 days. When I first got him he was doing great for the first few day until this morning. When I went up the stairs to check on my tank he wasn't looking to good. He had brown ICH spots all over him. Do you have any advice? I don't have quarantine or any room for a quarantine tank I have an anemone in their and a piece of coral Thanks
I have two of these fish and feed them daily with a garlic suppliment (New Life , Spectrum, Marine Fish Formula) this was recommended by my local fish stockist, he swears by it. No harm in trying.

Thanks guys
Just bought a couple of cleaner shrimp... And I have a Wrasse in my tank that went right up to my tang and are it all off!!
Is that normal?!?

Attachments

• image-3487901268.jpg
    image-3487901268.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 108
  • image-701357255.jpg
    image-701357255.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2843338681.jpg
    image-2843338681.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 115
I think you mean cleaned it all off. It looks like you have a cleaner wrasse! Does the same job of a cleaner shrimp. Congrats.:dance:

Freshwater dips work well. Also cleaner shrimp will rid your tang of ich.

Cleaner shrimp will not rid your tank of ich. They will eat dead tissue caused by the ich . Freshwater dips only remove the cysts on the outside of the fish . Neither are not now or will ever be proven to be a cure for ich . Hyposalinity or copper are the only 2 cures.

That's why I said that I don't have room for another tank or have money and or...
Another tank

Well I apologize for missing that part. My comment was more toward the cleaner shrimp ridding a tank of ich part of the thread .

Do you know anyone that could keep your nem and coral for awhile. If so you can do a hypo treatment. I just lost a my tang from ich. Sucks so bad. Good luck

Ya I know someone but
My guess is that their tank would not be a much better of an option:(

Would I have to move my 5 peppermint shrimp and 2 cleaner shrimp also?

I would by a cheap tank from Craigslist and set it up for qt. all you need in it is a hob filter heater a light and a couple small pieces of PVC. That's the only safe way to go.

What size tank is he in? If he is in a small tank, he will continue to stress and get ich again.

The parasites are under the fishes skin and therefore cannot be eaten by the shrimp. Your best bet is a cheap 20 gal. tank (try petland) to treat it in. Also the ich is already in your display tank so you would need to remove the other fish and leave the tank fishless for 4 to 6 weeks to kill off any ich in that tank the corals and inverts can remain. Do not treat the main tank. Good luck

One more thing dispite all the cures out there the only ones that truly work are copper and hypo

Ich has a life cycle of 4-8 weeks. Normally going hypo will kill it off in about 4 weeks. The longer you leave your tank fallow the less chance of your fish being reinfected with ich. I'd go fish less for 8 weeks

Back
Top Bottom