Powder Blue Tang in trouble... need help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alco1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

I've got a powder blue tang that I've had for several years, today I was feeding fish and while watching my powder blue, he/she did even eat as much as usual which was huge surprise.

After watching him/her for a while, I realized there's a bit of cotton sticking out of it's bum. It looks very distressed, really trying to poop and not being its happy-go-lucky attitude it ussally to have.

Not only that - it's got a little bit of fin rot on the bottom fin and on a little bit on the back fin near its bum. I'm gathering it's from stress.

I've now put it into QT and treating Melafix, I did try to pull out the cotton a little to help, I didn't pull hard or anything but it's in there tight.

Is there anything anyone can think of to help my poor fish?

Parameters:
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
PH: 8.0
Salinity: 1.025

Its definetely a physical piec of cotton wool. I can see it... it looks like a tiny strand of the cotton i clean my glass with.. looks like it ate it

It could be Columnaris (Cotton Wool Disease), but I believe that's FW only (not 100% sure on that though).

Its definetely a piece of cotton it ate... luckily it passed through.. just got to fix the the fin rot with Melafix

Back
Top Bottom