Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-18-2003, 03:32 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
NOt saying anything bad about singapore. But almost every tank I have seen from singapore is grossly overstocked and has large angels in with corals. I wonder if this is a fad or something over there.

Old 03-18-2003, 04:14 AM   #12
len
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

dont worry michael nothing bad is going on here, cause we angel keepers are not bad people anyway...........just that we are into it and why not try something nice and beautiful when we can offord it! anway we already had a reef tank at home . and sorry to say , i can see that im the only active singapore member here. .,,,,...am i right?

our english may be 'bad' sometimes

Old 03-18-2003, 09:37 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
Quote:
Several of the fish in your tank, have to go. That is 12 fish in a 40g aquarium, way too many. You will constantly battle ammonia nitrite problems and ick with that kind of overcrowding.
Your tank looks beautiful Len but Kevin gives good advice. You have so many fish and corals at your disposal Why not upgrade to a 300 gallon tank so you can enjoy all your fish without the stress induced disease?

I really like that star and sponge pic.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:16 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

len, I use several different boards. They all have members from singapore. I was not trying to insult you in any way. I am extremely impressed you guys keep those large angels with corals. I personally wish I could afford large angels for my tank, however I would probalby feel really bad when they killed all my corals. Their animals too.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:14 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Quote:
Originally Posted by len
.........just that we are into it and why not try something nice and beautiful when we can offord it!
Len,
Just because something is beautiful and you can afford it, does not mean that you have the right conditions to keep it in the proper manner. I seem to remember some posts from you a month or so back, all dealing with the same type issues. I think you are self-perpetuation your own problem.
Fish need room, they do not like crowded conditions and they definitely are crowded in there.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:36 PM   #16
len

So what do u want me to do hara? catch those angels and realease them in the sea? is that the only solutions?
so hows ur goby hara? my purple and fire gobies stays out everyday from 1pm - 7pm.

anyway none of my angels eat corals cause we train them to eat brine shrimps be4 releasing them in main tank
Old 03-19-2003, 02:21 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

We are just saying that your tank is overstocked. This is not a personal attack on you, and I can assure you that everyone is trying to help you. What type of maintenance do you do to keep a fish load this large. If this is a common thing I would assume you have a massive protien skimmer and do bi-weekly 10% water changes. IF those two things are not done, you water will become poluted with too much fish waste, you nitrates will go very high, possibly even you ammonia and nitrites. This will lead in the eventually death of your fish. If you can afford all the beautiful fish, I am sure you can afford a 150-300 gallon tank. That way you can stock it with several fish.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:27 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

My goby is doing fine Len..he is enjoying the 175 gallon tank now that he is used to it. All the other fish are doing fine as well..not quite sure why you asked.

I am sorry if you took offense to what I wrote, but it seems to me like you are looking for a "magic pill" to fix your problems. You asked for advice and then don't like the advice you receive....
Old 03-20-2003, 08:01 AM   #19
len

my house has no room for 300 gal tank......anyway it doesnt mean that u can afford to buy ten cheeseburger u may eat them all!

to be frank i do take advised as u can see from page one and my last post....hara, u said that u been lookin at my post of advise since month but i can see that this is the first time u said u 'advise' but i considered it as insulting.
try to advised someone in a nice way im sure everyone can take it. or learn something from fishfreek or reefrunner. thanks for the reply anyway .......i already had enough on this angel post.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:31 AM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

No where was I rude...you can consider it insulting if you wish to. But since your post on 12-28 of "fish Ich and Dies off" where you lost a blue tang,yellow tang, blue face angel and a clown fish, there have been a total of 6 topics started by you where you have lost fish...Do you detect a pattern here? And roughly 9 fish missing or dead.

Yes, Reefrunner and Fishfreak are nice, believe it or not, I am too (most of the time) but you do not care to limit the number of fish in your tank to a reasonable amount,ieven if it is better for the fish, all you want to look at are fish. If you do not heed the advice that was given to you, you will get to look at fish...dead ones.

Tags
angel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com