PROB with Queen Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

len

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a queen angel .....and this angel had a prob with my super active cleaner wrasse whose never stop cleanin my queen angel whenever shes out from the rock! what happen now is ....my queen angel got stress and doesnt want to be out of those rock cause the cleaner wrasse never fail to chase my angel whenever shes out! Do i have to remove the wrasse out of the tank? or any other way?\
please advise.

thank u

I would not think that the queen angel would be stress because of a cleaner wrasse. They normally like to be cleaned. I am impressed you are keeping a cleaner wrasse alive though, they are very tough. Do you have pictures of your setup?

Need a pic of the wrasse. There is a species of fish that looks almost identical to the common cleaner wrasse that is actually a predator. Instead of cleaning the fish.........it takes chunks of flesh out. It is also possible that the wrasse is a cleaner and the fish is getting ick. The wrasse would chase the angel around if the angel was covered in it's food. Hiding in the rocks is one of the behavioal signs of parasitic infestation.

Dsc00330.sized.jpg

The fish in question is way too big for your tank! Nice tank, btw, it will also eventually begin to feed on your sessile inverts. I suspect the queen is stressed from the lack of space and is getting ick. From the pic, it appears that the wrasse is a common cleaner wrasse, although to be 100% certain, I would need to see a close up of it's mouth.

From looking at your photo album, I see at least 6 fish in that 40g aquarium, three of which are fair sized now and get larger. This is the root of your problem with this tank.

Side note, I would realy like to see the pic with the star and the coco worms in the photo contest......Beautiful pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

queen angel

thanks for all those good comments.! ....i realised that my queen had ick. and something bigger than ick, white in color patches stick on her left fins....what could it be?........
is she dying? whats next?

try to feed garlic but she doesnt wants to eat.

please advise.
anyway how can i enter the contest runner?

and something bigger than ick, white in color patches stick on her left fins....what could it be?........

Probably lymphocystis, IME, it is quite common in larger angels. Lympho is viral so there is little you can do for it, accept to remove the cysts. The fish should be kept in a seperate aquarium until the lympho and the ick is gone. Then it should be placed in a larger aquarium, the queen is already too big for your 40g aquarium. The Rock Beauty coming close to being to big as well.

I'll handle the photo entry for you, please pm me the details of the photo (ie; species featured in the photo, care given, camera type make and model and the settings the pic was taken at.......)

Dang, I just looked at the pic above and got a higher count. I counted ten this time. It's kinda like a wheres waldo? How many fish do you have in that tank? Here is what I saw.

1 queen angel
1 rock beauty angel
1 foxface
1 cleaner wrasse
2 occellaris/percula clowns
2 purple fire fish
2 regular firefish

What did I miss?

kevin

u miss the dottyback or gramma and 1 scooter blenny....hehe

anyway i dont know the actual name for that red stars either than the red sponge, white and red coco worm and purple tube anemones

Several of the fish in your tank, have to go. That is 12 fish in a 40g aquarium, way too many. You will constantly battle ammonia nitrite problems and ick with that kind of overcrowding.

NOt saying anything bad about singapore. But almost every tank I have seen from singapore is grossly overstocked and has large angels in with corals. I wonder if this is a fad or something over there.

dont worry michael nothing bad is going on here, cause we angel keepers are not bad people anyway...........just that we are into it and why not try something nice and beautiful when we can offord it! anway we already had a reef tank at home . and sorry to say , i can see that im the only active singapore member here. .,,,,...am i right?

our english may be 'bad' sometimes

Several of the fish in your tank, have to go. That is 12 fish in a 40g aquarium, way too many. You will constantly battle ammonia nitrite problems and ick with that kind of overcrowding.

Your tank looks beautiful Len but Kevin gives good advice. You have so many fish and corals at your disposal Why not upgrade to a 300 gallon tank so you can enjoy all your fish without the stress induced disease?

I really like that star and sponge pic.

len, I use several different boards. They all have members from singapore. I was not trying to insult you in any way. I am extremely impressed you guys keep those large angels with corals. I personally wish I could afford large angels for my tank, however I would probalby feel really bad when they killed all my corals. Their animals too.

len said:
.........just that we are into it and why not try something nice and beautiful when we can offord it!

Len,
Just because something is beautiful and you can afford it, does not mean that you have the right conditions to keep it in the proper manner. I seem to remember some posts from you a month or so back, all dealing with the same type issues. I think you are self-perpetuation your own problem.
Fish need room, they do not like crowded conditions and they definitely are crowded in there.

So what do u want me to do hara? catch those angels and realease them in the sea? is that the only solutions?
so hows ur goby hara? my purple and fire gobies stays out everyday from 1pm - 7pm.

anyway none of my angels eat corals cause we train them to eat brine shrimps be4 releasing them in main tank

We are just saying that your tank is overstocked. This is not a personal attack on you, and I can assure you that everyone is trying to help you. What type of maintenance do you do to keep a fish load this large. If this is a common thing I would assume you have a massive protien skimmer and do bi-weekly 10% water changes. IF those two things are not done, you water will become poluted with too much fish waste, you nitrates will go very high, possibly even you ammonia and nitrites. This will lead in the eventually death of your fish. If you can afford all the beautiful fish, I am sure you can afford a 150-300 gallon tank. That way you can stock it with several fish.

My goby is doing fine Len..he is enjoying the 175 gallon tank now that he is used to it. All the other fish are doing fine as well..not quite sure why you asked.

I am sorry if you took offense to what I wrote, but it seems to me like you are looking for a "magic pill" to fix your problems. You asked for advice and then don't like the advice you receive....

my house has no room for 300 gal tank......anyway it doesnt mean that u can afford to buy ten cheeseburger u may eat them all!

to be frank i do take advised as u can see from page one and my last post....hara, u said that u been lookin at my post of advise since month but i can see that this is the first time u said u 'advise' but i considered it as insulting.
try to advised someone in a nice way im sure everyone can take it. or learn something from fishfreek or reefrunner. thanks for the reply anyway .......i already had enough on this angel post.

No where was I rude...you can consider it insulting if you wish to. But since your post on 12-28 of "fish Ich and Dies off" where you lost a blue tang,yellow tang, blue face angel and a clown fish, there have been a total of 6 topics started by you where you have lost fish...Do you detect a pattern here? And roughly 9 fish missing or dead.

Yes, Reefrunner and Fishfreak are nice, believe it or not, I am too (most of the time) but you do not care to limit the number of fish in your tank to a reasonable amount,ieven if it is better for the fish, all you want to look at are fish. If you do not heed the advice that was given to you, you will get to look at fish...dead ones.

Back
Top Bottom