Problem with my corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi I have a 30 gallon reef tank with some snails, hermit crabs, 1 redline cleaner shrimp and a pair of ocellaris clowns. Every since I arrived home from holidays I have noticed that my corals have started to die. My hammer and cataphyilla seem to remain closed and go a bit more into their skeleton everyday. My tree coral doesn't open fully and my leather coral stays drooped over all the time. I can't remember the parameters off by heart but I think they were:
Salinity: 1.026
PH: 8.0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10ppm
Kh: 9 dkh (161ppm)
Can't remember calcium
I will be retesting the water tomorrow and will post the results.

This has been happening for about a week. I did a water change about 3 days ago. What could be the problem?

Do another one. I have no idea what the problem is, but it's definitely your water parameters. Are you dosing anything? What is the temp?

Temp is around 26 degrees celcius. I use red sea reef energy a and b

Anything in excess could harm corals. I don't know what's in that but everything you need is in your salt mix already. Adding that stuff could cause a build up of nutrients or minerals that over time will cause negative effects.

Anything in excess could harm corals. I don't know what's in that but everything you need is in your salt mix already. Adding that stuff could cause a build up of nutrients or minerals that over time will cause negative effects.

Especially in 30 gallons of water. Water changes are all you need. You use RO/DI water, right?

Back
Top Bottom