Problem with Snails and hermits delivered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrawberryBlonde7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just had a shipment of hermits and snails mailed to me, I had asked them to have them deliver it on specific days that I do not work ,but they sent it on a day I was working anyways. It says they got delivered at 2:30 I got home about 5ish, it was between 75-82 out probably, I did the drip acclimation process very slowly over night , this am anything that was moving input in the tank, It looks like 5 mini blue hermits didn't make it, and 5 red hermits, and I can't tell about the turbo snails I had thought some were alive but out them in my tank about 9 this am it's ten now and none of them have moved, so I just lined the up agains the glass I'm hoping when it gets dark they will move ,if they are all agains the glass in the am is it safe today they're dead even if I can see the hard part of the snail?

The other weird thing I saw was in where I was watching very closely to see if anything was moving in me possible dead pile i found what I think is a snail just the foot part out of its shell... Is that even possible or is it and hitchhiker?

Thanks so much

Dang it only one out of the 9 moved, and only a little bit at that. Are turbo snails usually very active?

Back
Top Bottom