Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Puffer Baby Got stuck in my Pump Intake

Bought a baby puffer maybe 2 to 3 inches, poor thing must have knocked off the sponge and got himself sucked to the intake of my maxie jet 1200
he was stuck around his right eye - at first his eye looked like it was popped out, now it is back in but cloudy white, and around his eye looks harmed like it maybe very spongey.... he does not seem to be bothered but it bothers me I let him get hurt... I am wondering what to do - I can still see his iris but around it is real white and milky - is he blind in it? can I do anything?

Old 05-10-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

hmm...dont know what to tell ya but i hope he gets better!

Old 05-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
steve-s

Keep a careful watch on the eye for signs of bacterial infection. Swelling, redness and so on. I would get a QT set up as you may need to treat with antibiotics. Be sure you keep the water quality as pristine as possible. Any amount of elevated DOC/nutrient or nitrate can lead to opportunistic bacterial infections. Do not be afraid of doing large water changes 2x weekly, in fact I would encourage you to do so. Just be sure the new SW is well aged/aerated and has matching chem to the display/QT tank. Make sure all foods fed are fortified with HUFA liquid vitamins and if you can find it Beta Glucan.

Do you already have a cycled QT?

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yes he is now in a QT tank, set up and just in case I have already treated with Anitbactierial (sp) meds.

He does not like being alone

he is not eating either
Old 05-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
steve-s

What meds exactly/what dosage and what are the QT parameters. Actual numbers please!

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

my asfur angel in my qt suffered the same fate. unfortunately, i found this out too late.

Tags
baby, intake, puffer, pump, stuck

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com