Puffer with air???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff Daddy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a porpcupine Puffer and the guy at the lfs netted him. After i got home i read it isnt good to get him out of the water. Now he has an air bubble in him and i got probably half of it , according to the size, out. I want to know what to do i dont want to loose him. I made him puff up a few times and tried to hold him vertically and let the air out but rubbing his belly with no luck he stayed puffed. Any advise would be great i know this isnt good for him.

i had the same problem with a valentini puffer now i know to tell the lfs to bag him in the water i tried everything to burp him from rubbing his body and stressing him a little to force it out to my end i lost him now all me fish and other get bagged in the water no matter what they are and if my lfs wont do it there is many other lfs that will i did read at wetweb about this problem after his death i'll try to get you the link

IMO, Don't strss him further. Just let him rid of it on his own.
He knows what to do. :wink:

I am honestly surprised that the guy at the LFS netted him ..........

its no suprise to me ever talk to some of the people at the lfs some of them are hired to work in sw and don't know nothing just like the pet co's around here all of there sw tanks are empty cuz they dont hire anyone that knows how to care for them i swear the pet co's sround here lose so much much on fish it ain't even funny went to the store once and they had a nice purple tang i wanted and went back to get him 2 days later and there was no fish asked the manager what happened and he told me they all died :cry:

Back
Top Bottom