Pulsing Xenia sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayna

Aquarium Advice Regular
my pulsin xenia is shriveling up. its not half the size it used to be and never pulses anymore.

tested my water everything is fine

but i'm scared the calium or alk isnt right cause I dont have testers for that and cant afford one right now.

what do i do? i dont want it to die.

I just bought one this weekend. I was told that if there's no iodine in the water, they won't pulse. Mine's looking pretty lifeless at this point, but it hasn't fully aclimated yet.

Mine have pulsed since day one and are thriving.
Xenia seems to be a hit or miss Coral for some.

I have never added Iodine even though I was advised by the LFS to add it weekly as directed. I even bought Lugols solution.
I firmly believe if you dont test for it dont add it. Many on this forum have been successful with Xenia and do not add Iodine.

I do add a Ca additive for my Hard Corals and to promote Coraline growth and do not believe it is necessary for Soft Corals.

from what I have researched your water changes should provide
all the trace elements you need.

I would pick up the other test kits you are missing, maybe something is off and you dont know

Good Luck

ED -

Do you have the xenia in a very low-flow location or a medium flow? Mine's getting a moderate 1-2 inches per second flow, but it still seems bothered by it.

i usually have mine in a low to medium flow. If they are in to much flow they will not pulse and they will shriunk up. You really need to get tests kits so y ou can test water quality and trace

Back
Top Bottom