Purple bleach on clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali-fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415724631.915307.jpg

What could this be? Infection? Bacteria?

The fish is in QT, do I need to move him to the hospital tank and start treating him? I need to know what is this first thou..

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Figured out the problem. This is clownfish disease. The treatment is to dip the fish in a fresh water for 5min. Twice a day for 7 days.

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Be careful with freshwater dips. They can stress the fish to the point of death.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

clownfish disease as in brooklynella? i dont think that it is. could it have been stung by a coral or anemone at the store ?

clownfish disease as in brooklynella? i dont think that it is. could it have been stung by a coral or anemone at the store ?

I got two clownfish from the store. The one I posted his picture already died and Just came from work to found out that the other fish is almost dead of the same problem.

He is in bucket of fresh water now and I hope he did not reach the point of no return

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415799511.641314.jpg

========

take him out of the bucket. fresh water dips are not for long. brooklynella looks very different, has the tank cycled? stop buying fish and sort out your tank. what are your levels.

take him out of the bucket. fresh water dips are not for long. brooklynella looks very different, has the tank cycled? stop buying fish and sort out your tank. what are your levels.

The good thing that both of them were in QT. One is dead and the other is in another tank (hospital tank). I dipped him in fresh water for almost 5 min (less than 5) and then moved him to the hospital tank. But i don't think he is going to make. He is paraplegic now :(

Both tanks are running 24/7 for more than a month. I tested them before buying the fish and all results came as 0 (using Api test kit).

========

The good thing that both of them were in QT. One is dead and the other is in another tank (hospital tank). I dipped him in fresh water for almost 5 min (less than 5) and then moved him to the hospital tank. But i don't think he is going to make. He is paraplegic now :(

Both tanks are running 24/7 for more than a month. I tested them before buying the fish and all results came as 0 (using Api test kit).

========

what did you use to cycle? and is he eating? what are params now? api are unreliable for a reef.

what did you use to cycle? and is he eating? what are params now? api are unreliable for a reef.

The water was from my main tank and they were eating fine (I don't usually feed the guys in the QT). The test results now also Ammonia, no2 and no3 all 0

========

The water was from my main tank and they were eating fine (I don't usually feed the guys in the QT). The test results now also Ammonia, no2 and no3 all 0

========

i find no3 being 0 impossible, so in other words your tank is uncycled? this isnt helping the issues. it looks like internal bleeding to me.

i find no3 being 0 impossible, so in other words your tank is uncycled? this isnt helping the issues. it looks like internal bleeding to me.

Well, I agree that 0 is impossible but with API you measure by the colors and the color I got is given 0 ppm

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415804090.929324.jpg

The fish is officially dead now. Beside this, what testing instrument do recommend? Am thinking of Hanna checker!!

========

hanna is great, red sea and salifert are also good. dont put any more fish in until you cycle the tank. Put a raw shrimp in, allow it to go from ammonia --> nitrite --> nitrate, then when ammonia is changed to nitrate in 24 hours you can add fish

hanna is great, red sea and salifert are also good. dont put any more fish in until you cycle the tank. Put a raw shrimp in, allow it to go from ammonia --> nitrite --> nitrate, then when ammonia is changed to nitrate in 24 hours you can add fish

Man, I passed this already. My tank is cycled. I knew this as last week no2 was purple then became light blue.

Or am wrong here!! There is one more fish in the QT. Do I have to worry ?

========

Man, I passed this already. My tank is cycled. I knew this as last week no2 was purple then became light blue.

Or am wrong here!! There is one more fish in the QT. Do I have to worry ?

========

have you checked your levels in your QT? it has to be able to turn a specific amount of ammonia to nitrate in 24 hours.

have you checked your levels in your QT? it has to be able to turn a specific amount of ammonia to nitrate in 24 hours.

All above is about the QT. If the tank is not Cycled, the fish will not last 4 days. They would have died the second day. I guess !!

========

All above is about the QT. If the tank is not Cycled, the fish will not last 4 days. They would have died the second day. I guess !!

========

not necessarily. i still believe its an internal parasite or bleeding

not necessarily. i still believe its an internal parasite or bleeding

I googled "clown fish disease" and say many pictures similar to one above. Still this searching engine could gather all the diseases that could hit the clownfish for me. To help more identifying the problem is that when I dipped the fish in the fresh water bucket, the purple spot pealed off easily.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415808010.275379.jpg

So i think this an external infection.

========

Back
Top Bottom