Purple Haze placement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Where should this go?? It was in very low light under a ledge, and was doing okay. Then we moved it out more and it still isnt doing too well. Low light, low flow. 6 bulb t5's. levels are good too!

Attachments

• image-1337402506.jpg
    image-1337402506.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 96
Read on the Internet that purple haze need moderate to high flow, high lighting. It says top half of tank. Also, Ca++, mag and alkalinity need to all be good. Hope that helps!!

Beengirl said:
Read on the Internet that purple haze need moderate to high flow, high lighting. It says top half of tank. Also, Ca++, mag and alkalinity need to all be good. Hope that helps!!

Thanks! Im going to move it in a few days to higher light. Im bummed ecause i like it and it is doing bad. Plus i suckkk at sps:( oh well!

Just wanted to update and say the haze has been doing really well...but in low low light!! Hmm it is weirdd. Ill keep it there as long as it takes though. Im not down to kill another sps lol

Greenpillow said:
I have a 6 bulb t5 and it does not burn anything in my 75g tank my corals love the attention from my t5 lights

We have started to suspect that since these corals were in the former owner's 34 gallon with only a 2 bulb T5, that they need alot of adjustion to our 6 bulbs

Gboy66 said:
We have started to suspect that since these corals were in the former owner's 34 gallon with only a 2 bulb T5, that they need alot of adjustion to our 6 bulbs

Yikes! Poor things!! I'm sure they will grow out soon.

Greenpillow said:
Yikes! Poor things!! I'm sure they will grow out soon.

So far they're doing good. The acro is extended, but a white yellowish color like the guy said it would be. The purple haze is in low light and is beautiful. Dark purple and polyps are always out now!

Back
Top Bottom