Purple tang...Lateral line erosion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZoozFishMaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few days ago, the owner of my LFS gave me a 2 inch purple tang (priced at 79.99) which was suffering from lateral line erosion. Right now the fish is being quarintined in a 29 gallon. The tang is a voracious eater, accepting flake, frozen, nori, etc. My question: is there any way to cure LLE? I've read that Miracle Mud claims to cure lateral line erosion/hole in the head. Any comments appreciated.

Diet is the main tx for HLLE disease. A varied diet as Hara suggested packed with suppliments like garlic, Selcon and Vita-Chem will help. Iodine as a food additive is also suppose to be beneficial. Changing the envirnment from the LFS may also help. HLLE can also be caused by "stray voltage" in the aquarium through a malfunctioning powerhead or heater. While a fish may show signs of improvement they are often left with life-long scares from the disease. Good luck.

i have a yellow tang and a domino damsil that got it after going through hyposalinity for ich treatment i bought a vitamin suplement that you could add to the water and thier food(cant remember the name though) and started feeding nori on a clip every day sometimes more than once a day and switched between red,brown and green and i also started using alkalinity booster in that tank witch i never did before since it was fish only,its been 6-8 monthes now and its all healed up i think but the damage is still noticable on the tang.

Make sure of excellent water conditions and IMO have fresh Calerpa for to eat and if not maybe Nori or dried seaweed sheets.

Back
Top Bottom