Purple tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bird33

Aquarium Advice Activist
Two of my purple tips look good and healthy but one of them looks like maybe there's a hole in the middle and looks white? Anyone have any ideasImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405082960.236780.jpg

The coral does not look happy at all. The white is either bleaching, or more likely it is the exposed skeleton of the coral. The other two polyps are far from extended fully.
Can you tell us more about the tank, parameters, and lighting? Have you tried moving it to a different spot in the tank? How long has it been in the tank and how old is the system?

Nitrate-0
Nitrite-3
Alk-190
Ph-8
About 5 monthsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405097113.860784.jpg

That extention is much better...what changed?
And you mean nitrite? Nitrite is toxic to both fish and coral. You need to do a water change to bring that down to 0. A properly cycled tank shouldn't have any readings of ammonia or nitrite.

The first picture was early in the morning I have hydra lights so they were dim. Yes I did mean nitrite . I do weekly changes of 5-10gallons . I have a 75 gal. I was gonna move it down a little bit on the rocks.

Most likely your issue is the poison that is in your water with the nitrites. If you have nitrites, you are also seeing ammonia present as well. To combat this until your system levels out as it builds up the beneficial bacteria for your nitrate cycle, you will need to increase your water changes to prevent the levels from being detectable. This will mean daily water changes most likely.

Back
Top Bottom