Purple Zoanthids & Colt not blooming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neptune333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I'm not sure whats going wrong... I have 2 types of coral in my tank and just this week they haven't been doing too well. They were doing really well blooming and even the Zoanthids were spreading onto the liverock it was on. My salt lv. was low so I was bringing it back up when I noticed the Zoanthids and colt weren't blumming. The level wasn't that low just below the wanted lv... also the Zoan's seem to have shrunk and are dissapearing...:shocked!: I just bought a lemon peel dwarf angel and it pecks at the liverock all the time and my Gf thinks the lemon peel might be eatting it... any thoughts :bawl:?
I have in my tank :
30 Gallon:
20lbs LiveRock (Fiji)
-1x Colt Frag
-1x Purple Zoanthids Frag
Fish & Critters:
-1x Lemon Peel Dwarf Angelfish
-2x Damsel (Yellowtail&BlueDevil)
-1x Royal Gramma
-2x Turbo Snails
-2x Hermit Crabs
-1x ElectricBlue Hermit
-1x Cleaner Shrimp
-1x Long-spined Sea Urchin
-1x Brittle Starfish (Adult) ***

*** = HitchHikers

Its possible that the lemonpeel is eating your zoos. They are angels, and angels are hit and miss when it comes to being reef friendly.

+1 to your girlfriend.
Dwarf angels are not reef safe, meaning not around corals. Sometimes you get an exception and they leave everything alone...but then there are the nibblers. QT the zoas to save them or take the lemon (no pun intended) back.

+1.The term "reef safe" angel is a misnomer IMO. They may go for months or years without going for coral, but given the right trigger I have no doubt that most any will learn to graze. JME.

Yeah my Lemon is a grazer... I just hope he stops befor he eats it all. Maybe I can put a peice of LETTUCE and see if he will rather eat that...

You cant IMO change nature. Eventualloy it will devastate your tank. I had the same problem about 7 yrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom