Pyramid snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey,
A few days back I found pyramid snails on my turbo snails. I would have considered just letting the cycle go through and re stock my cleanup crew in a few months. But I have a maxima clam, and I don't want to replace it. So I started taking out my snails every couple days and scrubbing their shells off to get rid of the pyramid snails. Just today though, for the first time, I saw pyramid snails on the clam. I would just take him out every couple days to scrub him off, but he is attached to a base rock in the tank. What do I do? Is it safe for me to cut him off and scrub him, and not let him reattach for a few weeks until I take care if the snails?

If you have room to cut him off without killing it, it's safe. I would be concerned that I would damage it and end up losing it. The only way to rid yourself of these things is by quarantining all snails and the clam and wait it out. These snails lay a lot of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom