Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Inverts can only carry the ick in the cycst stage, the same as sand. It would be possible if an egg landed on their shell and hardened there. After a couple weeks, when the cycst pops and the larva emerges looking for a host, the shrimp won't suffice and it will die. Putting it in the 90 during the fallow stage, preferrably early in the fallow period, will work.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It is now near the time to decide if I am going to treat my fish with hypo before I transfer them. Part of me thinks it is a waste of effort since I have had all of my fish for around 8 months. Should I have any reason to treat them? I think I may just be paranoid. I will be treating all new fish but should I consider my current fish to be healthy and not be carrying any disease?

Thanks,

Old 11-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Why would you treat fish that aren't sick. Just treat any new additions
Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericwm View Post
It is now near the time to decide if I am going to treat my fish with hypo before I transfer them. Part of me thinks it is a waste of effort since I have had all of my fish for around 8 months. Should I have any reason to treat them? I think I may just be paranoid. I will be treating all new fish but should I consider my current fish to be healthy and not be carrying any disease? Thanks,
well there's always a risk, I've had my fish for nearly 18 month and never qt and they started to show signs of ich not that long ago and going through hypo now, some are lucky and some ain't so lucky
Old 11-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray84 View Post
well there's always a risk, I've had my fish for nearly 18 month and never qt and they started to show signs of ich not that long ago and going through hypo now, some are lucky and some ain't so lucky
Thank you for replying, that is the exact situation I was looking for. I will be treating with hypo-salinity. I plan on adding a cole tang and know if ich is there it will show. Then I won't be paranoid either.

Thanks again,
Old 11-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am still struggling at making up my mind on this, i have been back and forth on this all month. A lot of people seem to quarantine new fish and not treat unless they see something. I have observed my fish for 8 months, this is far more than most. I should be fine, I don't want my first hypo treatment to be the learn by mistake type scenario with $200 worth of fish at risk. And all 4 would be a pretty large bio load on the 20 gallon tank. I may transfer them and learn how to treat with hypo with a new addition.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com