Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Qt question

CAN I USE SOME OF MY TANK Water FOR MY QT TANK ? I HAVE A SMALL 4 GAL. ,THAT IM GOING TO USE FOR A QT. I THINK ONE OF MY FISH HAS A FUNGUS . I DID A BIG WATER CHANGE IN MY 150 GAL. TANK . DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS FUNGUS WILL UPSET MY WATER? I WANT TO QUARINTINE THIS FISH ASAP. LOUISEBERRY

Old 08-11-2008, 01:03 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to MichaelsLilGray Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelsLilGray
well they call it a QT for a reason... id say keep the water seperate.. unless you mean some of the 150g tank water.. then yes that would work. you would have the correct temperature and water conditions. it would be less stressful on the fish that way

Old 08-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #3

Thanks thats what i meant taking some water from the big tank and using it for the qt .do i have to treat my other fish to? They look ok, i just saw this today,fungus was not there yesterday. Louiseberry
Old 08-11-2008, 06:33 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to MichaelsLilGray Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelsLilGray
Well without knowing what fungus.. kinds of fish.. and all the water stats.. no i couldnt tell you. and if your setting up the qt tank because 1 fish came down with something.. the other fish will have already been exposed to it. the only thing you can hope is that it hasnt spread as of yet.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #5

its a juvenile impertor angel, reading are temp 78 nitrate 05 ph 8.4 aniomia 0 nitrite 0 saltgravity 1.025 my other fish are a tri blenny , clown , dottyback [ purple and yellow ] louiseberry
Old 08-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Usually fungal and viral infections go away on their own with improved water quality. Start doing 20% water changes every 3-4 days.
Check out The build project
Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #7

just did a big 40% water change yesterday. can or should i treat whole tank, or should i just kinda wait and see? i just noticed this yesterday, was not there the day before thanks. louiseberry
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

No dont treat the whole tank. Try the frequent PWC`s and you might see a difference.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
Old 08-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #9

ok thanks , Im going to start with a fw dip with an ick solution ,a person where we got the fish from said to do this ,they thought it could be from stress ,during the move.we will see. louiseberry
Old 08-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiseberry View Post
Im going to start with a fw dip with an ick solution ,a person where we got the fish from said to do this ,they thought it could be from stress ,during the move.we will see. louiseberry
This person gave you some very bad advice. IMO I would not do that. It might stress them out more. Keep your fish stress free and maintain good water quality.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com