Qt question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louiseberry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
CAN I USE SOME OF MY TANK Water FOR MY QT TANK ? I HAVE A SMALL 4 GAL. ,THAT IM GOING TO USE FOR A QT. I THINK ONE OF MY FISH HAS A FUNGUS . I DID A BIG WATER CHANGE IN MY 150 GAL. TANK . DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS FUNGUS WILL UPSET MY WATER? I WANT TO QUARINTINE THIS FISH ASAP. LOUISEBERRY

well they call it a QT for a reason... id say keep the water seperate.. unless you mean some of the 150g tank water.. then yes that would work. you would have the correct temperature and water conditions. it would be less stressful on the fish that way

Thanks thats what i meant taking some water from the big tank and using it for the qt .do i have to treat my other fish to? They look ok, i just saw this today,fungus was not there yesterday. Louiseberry

Well without knowing what fungus.. kinds of fish.. and all the water stats.. no i couldnt tell you. and if your setting up the qt tank because 1 fish came down with something.. the other fish will have already been exposed to it. the only thing you can hope is that it hasnt spread as of yet.

its a juvenile impertor angel, reading are temp 78 nitrate 05 ph 8.4 aniomia 0 nitrite 0 saltgravity 1.025 my other fish are a tri blenny , clown , dottyback [ purple and yellow ] louiseberry

Usually fungal and viral infections go away on their own with improved water quality. Start doing 20% water changes every 3-4 days.

just did a big 40% water change yesterday. can or should i treat whole tank, or should i just kinda wait and see? i just noticed this yesterday, was not there the day before thanks. louiseberry

No dont treat the whole tank. Try the frequent PWC`s and you might see a difference.

ok thanks , Im going to start with a fw dip with an ick solution ,a person where we got the fish from said to do this ,they thought it could be from stress ,during the move.we will see. louiseberry

Im going to start with a fw dip with an ick solution ,a person where we got the fish from said to do this ,they thought it could be from stress ,during the move.we will see. louiseberry

This person gave you some very bad advice. IMO I would not do that. It might stress them out more. Keep your fish stress free and maintain good water quality.

look, to me it looks like a fungus, im new to saltwater.Im pretty much winging this hoping for the best.this fish came from the best place here in Houston, they also thought it might be the start of ich .I really dont think its lymphocystis reading all i could , and if it was , it doesnt seem to much i could do about it. so im trying all avenues i can. louiseberry

Nothing happens fast in this hobby...except failure. Don't be "pretty much winging this hoping for the best". Slow down. Identify the problem. Do some research. Read up on the life cycle of ich. Do you see those symptoms? Water changes are always good a good starting point.

If the best place in Houston recommended a fw dip with ich meds and didn't actually see the fish to identify the problem....they are far from being the best place in Houston.

I HAVE BEEN READING, ALL Last nite, all today ,everything i could find. to ME it looks like a fin fungus, i am doing water changes , along with garlic in food .im doing the best i can and will make mistakes , like everyone else. thats why im here and yall are to . louiseberry

from what i have read the stuff im using helps cure ick ,fungi , and some bacterias, i found this info on webb pages on fish diseases, the same info they told me at the Houston fish store. louiseberry

Sorry Louise... but there is no "one-med-cures-all" for fish. It's no different than humans. If you think it's fungal, then treat for fungal. Have you moved the fish into a QT yet? If not, that's the best thing you can do, not only to allow you to maintain higher water quality, but to isolate it from other fish.

If you can post a picture of the fish, that'd sure help...

quick cure does promote on the packaging that it does cure all he listed. i know it is a long shot. but that is straight from there package. If your saying it cant cure, your saying its false advertizement. someone should take care of that. so have fun doing so.

from all the reading on fish diseases, cures, and symptoms, malachite green helps with those promblems. and thats what im using , louiseberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom