QT Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the Copper test, there is no copper present in the tank. I have been doing lots of water changes, and been running carbon filters since I quit treating the tank. Also the Nitrite has drooped a little, and this is the first real sign of Nitrates that have been in the tank since it has been up. I also have tons of Diatoms, and rust algae all over the glass, and pvc fittings.

You can continue on as is but it's safer to start from scratch. You shouldn't need to add anymore bio starters from the main tank if you do continue as is. By the sounds of it, you just need more time to allow the bacteria to grow in numbers strong enough to deal with the ammonia and such.

Cheers
Steve

Since there are no fish in the tank, how often should I add some food, and what kind?

Thanks Again! :wink:

PS. My appreciation goes far beyond what a little smilie can say. :wink:

Since there are no fish in the tank, how often should I add some food, and what kind?

Thanks Again! :wink:

PS. My appreciation goes far beyond what a little smilie can say. :wink:

justmy2cents said:
While I was feeding my ls I was dropping a little flake in the tank every other day.
That would work or even sinking pellets but sparingly. I would just avoid fresh/frz meaty foods. To much of a good thing :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom