QT tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is melanie?

for a sick fish, he sure acts like a vibrant fish lol he's really full of life. I have some other "life forms" on my rocks that i'm trying to identify so I will try to get some pics of him and these spots I'm talking about.

oh haha okay. yea, i have melafix. that will be okay in the regular tank? wont harm the live rock or any other life?

Okay, I just had alot of fun trying to take pictures lol. here's the funny thing, whatever this is seems to be getting smaller on him. the part that was on his tail is diminishing. interesting. still gonna get the melafix in the tank tho.

I CAUGHT HIM!!!! I fed him and while he was up top I just quickly went in with the net and snatched him! lol

so here's what's interesting. this "patch" or whatever it was sort of came off, and there is a remnant of whatever it was on him (like a scar?). still gonna treat him. a little scared tho, hope i didnt stress the little guy out

Good job!!!! It could have been anything...awesome. We were treating out goby in qt and lost him today. Poor guy was upside down in the tank. He was our first fish...had him over 3 years.

he's doing fine today, he's acting kinda happy he has the tank to himself lol

pcdebb said:
I CAUGHT HIM!!!! I fed him and while he was up top I just quickly went in with the net and snatched him! lol

so here's what's interesting. this "patch" or whatever it was sort of came off, and there is a remnant of whatever it was on him (like a scar?). still gonna treat him. a little scared tho, hope i didnt stress the little guy out

Could be the cyst falling off if it is ich. You need to figure out (if it is ich) if you want to do what most people do and control the ich in your tank from here on out, or do what you should do and eradicate it completely. To do this, you need to QT all your fish, and let the tank run fallow for 4-6 weeks. If there's no fish in there, excluding inverts- they can stay, the ich will die off because it won't have a host. I'm in the process of setting up a QT right now if you want to jump in on my thread. I'm not messing around anymore with my tank, already made one mistake that led to ich, now I'm gonna nuke it outta my tank completely.

Whatever it was its gone. He's doing very well and the fish in the main tank are good. Catching them is another story tho

Back
Top Bottom