Qt tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhuamani32

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tying to start setting up a qt tank. I have a 10 gallon, 20 long and a 30 not being used but now equipment. What supplies should I buy for it and any specific brand on filter. I had a maroon clown and chromis die and I think there is something in my 90 gallon. Now I have an ocelaris, chromis, firefish, cardinal, goby and blenny left. Also any idea on what treatment or chemicals I need to treat them

What signs of disease are the fish you have left showing? Its hard to suggest a treatment not knowing what is going on. Hyposalinity is free and gets stuff like Ich.

As for the QT ... I would go with the larger 30g if you have a choice. Gives the fish more room and larger tanks tend to be more stable. I'm not sure about brands, but I would get a HOB filter rated for that size, a small power head just to keep the water moving and probably a heater if you are in an area where it's needed. Also get some PVC (connectors and L's) that the fish can hide in. That's my basic setup (35g) and it works for me.

Ok great thanks and I'm not really sure. It could be marine velvet. The remaining fish are doing pretty good just the other two fish died around the same time so I don't know if something could be wrong. And ok I will try to use the 30 and any lights for the tank?

Lights are more for us than the fish. If it is somewhere that has enough light to see the fish well, then I probably would not buy a light.

Are the remaining fish showing any signs of anything ( rapid breathing, flashing, spots, film on body, etc)?

MV kills fast. Fish start to look bad and are dead within a day or two. (at least in my two experiences with it ).

Ok then it's proboally not that. I would eventually just like to have a qt. and it could be from high salinity. It was high at like 1.029 but I thought I brought it down

Back
Top Bottom