QT, whats the limit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask a QT question before I take the chance of making a big mistake. I have my reef right where I want it, chemistry is great, I have 15 corals in place and they are doing well also. The tank has now been established for 9 weeks with no fish. I know exactly what I want,
1 purple tang
3 TR false percs
5 - 7 chromis

That is all I am putting in there unless I go with a blenny or wrassle later on, but no more than that. I have a 20gal QT that has been established for about 5 months housing a TR perc. My question is, can I add them all to the QT at once? Since this is really all the fish I want in my 105 (130 total volume) I would like to add them all together to avoid any bullyish behavior. Any advice would be greatly welcome as I was planning on ordering them for delivery on Tuesday and starting the QT process. Thanks!

That is alot of bio load to add all at once to any tank whether its a QT or a display. I wouldnt add them all at once. I would add the chromis, then the percs, then the tang.

Also, QT tanks usually only house one fish (or one type) so that you dont transfer a parasite from a sick fish to one that may be fine.

JMO,

Squishy

Back
Top Bottom