Quadracolour anenomes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashley73

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my quadracolour anenomes has closed and developing little white sacks some of which have broken and fallen off. Anyone help.

I would be checking my parameters. It's expelling it's gut, which is not a good thing. Get a water change ready.

Nitrates High. Whats the Best ways to control nitrates ? Is it water changes and live rock?

Going to need a nice size water change. But also want to figure out why the nitrates were high to begin with!

Water changes, reducing feeding, a protein skimmer, and a refugium all help with nitrate reduction. Most of the time nitrates are high because of feeding and/or overstocking.
How much and how often are you feeding?

FYI: this is my mates tank. Im posting on his behalf.
The tank is four for X 2 foot X 1.5 feet.

I have a protein skimmer and a fair quantity of live rock but not massive.

Tanks contains:

1X Zebra Eel
3 X damsels
2 X PJ cardinals
2 X Bangeye Cardinal
1 Blue Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Sleeper Gobie
2 X Tomato Clown Fish
1 X Star fish
1 X hermit crab and 1 snail.

( All fish are small size) except eel.

Feeding: 1 pinch of flake three time a day.
Every second day one flake meal is replaced by half a square of brine shrimp, half a square of blood work and a small piece of weed.

Eel: Fed a prawn once about every five I did a 45 litre water change on Friday and Nitrate has only slightly lowered. Sitting halfway been the 80ppm and 160ppm reading.

I was also given Kent Brand Ammonia Sponger for the tank to assist. It says that it is freshwater on the label ? Can be used on saltwater anyone know?

Well that's stuffed. I would suggest a 50% water change and then another 50% in a day or 2. Cut feeding from a pinch 3x a day to 3x a week. I'm not sure how often the eel needs to eat. I'm sure somebody will chime in. I am pretty sure it he gets hungry he'll make a snack out of almost anyone in there. They are opportunistic feeders. I would look to rehome a lot of the inhabitants for the tank is quite small. I know it sounds harsh it's for the best intrest of your fish

Way too many fish. I would remove most of them. This is why your nitrates are high and it will be a losing battle until you remove some of those fish, if they don't die first.

Mr X what should the PH be in a FOWLR Tank and a Reef tank?

Back
Top Bottom