Quarantine Guidelines & Set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I'm new to having a quarantine tank.
I have just finished setting up an overflow and sump/refugium on 65g tank.
I had some extra equipment from previous tanks, and decided to set up a 10g qt tank.

I've never had a at tank before, so I'm wandering what are the best parameters to keep the tank at: salinity, temp, etc...

Is my set up too simple? It's just a 10 g, with an sponge filter (29g rated air pump), a heater, some established live rock, and a older actinic light.
I don't have a power head small enough for the tank, but if I stumble across a cheap one, I plan to pick it up. But the water moves pretty good with the air bubbles.
It's a bare bottom tank as well.

What are the protocols for length of qt, treatments, water changes, etc? Also I would like to learn more about dipping fish as well.

Thanks in advance! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470632810.119456.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You want nothing in the QT tank. Use some PVC elbows for fish to hide in. This way if you need to use any type of medication you won't have to worry about it being leached into the rock. That and copper based medication will kill off all beneficial bacteria, so there is no reason to have it in there anyway. Water changes are what will keep the parameters in check.

You want nothing in the QT tank. Use some PVC elbows for fish to hide in. This way if you need to use any type of medication you won't have to worry about it being leached into the rock. That and copper based medication will kill off all beneficial bacteria, so there is no reason to have it in there anyway. Water changes are what will keep the parameters in check.

So I just need the sponge filter for filtration? That seems easy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom