Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Best way to kill Ick
Copper power 1 12.50%
Cupramine 3 37.50%
Hyposalinity 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry...saw original post on 4/3 saying fish went in to QT. Saw that they were going back in later this month...figured that was less than a month.

If you have left the DT fallow and treated the fish in QT, then hopefully that's the last of the Ich. Ideally you wait a month after the last spot disappears, because they can still have Ich and it could show up before you dump them back into the DT.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

So the fish went back into the display today because the heniouscus died in the QT most likely from stress, unfortunately the fish could not stay in the qt. Everybody was showing major signs of stress!! before anybody jump my crap, the dt was empty for around 25 days. Hopefully the UV sterilizer did something worth its money and killed the free floating parasite!! So far 1 fish has died i will do another update later in the week.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

You almost sound like people here are hoping your fish don't make it and/or that we want to see you fail. I will speak for myself, but bet that most here would agree...the reason I take so much time daily/weekly to respond to posts on this board is that I've been doing this for a while. I've learned a thing or two and if I can help out, I do my best to. I will not, however, keep quiet when people ask for advice and then don't listen. Ill try to point out why its a bad idea and if people continue to ignore solid advice, I stop and let them learn the hard way.

For QT, yes, your fish are going to be stressed. By definition, your are either using copper, which is basically a poison to them or you are putting them in less than ideal salinity. Both are effective though. Is putting your fish back in DT prior to a month ideal? No. Does it mean there is still Ich in there,? Odds are yes. Is that the end of the world? Probably not. Some people choose to not treat Ich in QT and hope that keeping pristine water conditions and fish well-fed will work. Sometimes it does., sometimes not.

Since the fish are back in, try to maintain pristine parameters. Keep an eye on them, as you are adding a bunch of fish to a system that probably lost some BB over the course of 25 days.

I'm rooting for you and all of your fish...keep us updated...
Old 04-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

At day 5 with the fish back in the DT. Absolutely no signs of Ich on any fish!! The tangs are even ich free!! so far everything is good and everybody is happy!! Hopefully it will stay this way!! From now on every new fish will be put into the QT tank first!! seemed like i lost some snails when i cooked the DT tank though so i will have to get more members for the clean up crew

Tags
ick, quarantine, quarantine tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com