Quarentine my anenome (cheap)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scdc46

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looks my anenome is sick, but I don't have a quarentine tank. Anyone have any suggestions for a cheap solution? I called the LFS, and they said that I would need a setup running around $140 because of the lighting....

Any ideas?

Thanks.
:(

under forums there is regional forums where you can meet people that live in your state/town :)

He's been closing up more and more...[/img]

Attachments

• aut_0282.jpg
    aut_0282.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 177
  • aut_0283.jpg
    aut_0283.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 73
Do not quarantine the anemone. it will just make matters worse and in all honesty push it to the limit.

Please describe your tank in detail. Age, lighting, fish, other corals, mobile inverts, water flow (GPH), water parameters (<<actual numbers please, not "all normal"), your weekly/daily maintenace and if you feed it and how often/how much.

Cheers
Steve

I'm not sure how you can QT an anemone cheaply. You can get a 10 gal setup very cheap at Walmart but the lights would be a factor. You could probably pick up a nano cube cheaper than 140, but not by much. Good luck. I was thinking maybe using one of those critter keepers somehow hung on the inside of your tank. Not sure what you would do for waterflow/oxygen though. Good luck, I hope he comes around. :?

Back
Top Bottom