Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-13-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Question About My New Sixline Wrasse

I bought a sixline (about 1 and a half inches long) on Monday.
He is staying towards the top of the water level, in the back left corner of the tank.
He doesn't seem to be in distress, or breathing heavy.
He has come down to hide in a cave a couple times, but after 2 or 3 minutes, goes back to his upper corner.
Is he just shy, and acclimating to his new tank mates?
I read that a sixline will hide in a cave as opposed to hiding near the surface of the water, but I do realize there are exceptions to the rule.
He also seems to be filtering particles from the water surface from time to time. Possibly feeding?

His fish tank mates are three very peaceful Damsels, and a maroon clown who likes everyone but other clowns, and a quiet little yellow watchman.
So, I don't think anyone is scaring him there.

Any help would be great!

Sea Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd give him a bit to adjust to his new surroundings.
My 6-line is very active and is on the constant move in and out of the LR.

I am sure he'll be fine.

Have you seen him eat?

72Gallon Bow Tank | LS/80lbs LR.com Keys LR 20Lbs Base Rock | fluval404 | Remora Skimmer | Red Sea Pro Wave Maker | 4 Maxi Jets 2/1200 2/900 PH | PinPoint PH Monitor | ARTICA 1/10 HP Chiller

Lighting: 48'' Coralife HQI aqualight pro | 2 150 watt MH | 2 96 watt true actinic fluorescents | 3 1 watt blue-moon-glow LEDs

Fish&Inverts: 3-BlueGreen Chromis | Shrimp Goby | Purple Firefish | 6 Line-Wrasse | LawnMower Blenny | Royal Gramma | Coral Beauty | Maxima Clam | 16 Assort. -Snails | LR Hitchers: Crabs, Urchins, Brittle Stars, Feather Dusters, and more

Corals: Assorted Mushrooms | Green Button Polyps | Toadstool Leather | Pulsing Xenia | Clove Polyps | Star Polyps | FrogSpawn | Branching Hammer | Candy Cane | Zoos | Ricordea | Open Brain | Bubble |
24Gallon JBJ Nano Cube | LR 25lbs Marshall Creek/Tonga/Fiji | 2 Flase Percula Clowns | Shrooms | Xenia | Green Button Polyps | Snails | Hermits
EL Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw him eat, but unfortunately when I got home from work today, he was dead.
My mithrax crab was just finishing up on him, if you know what I mean.
blah :|
Sea Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:12 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Mine spent 3 weeks in QT. Ate frozen foods a little. All of his eating was very brief -a couple of mouthfuls and done. Thinking he was OK, he went to the main. Moved in and out of the rocks constantly, so I'm thinking something was wrong with yours when you said he stayed in the corner for long periods. They constantly move, searching the rocks for pods to eat. Mine did that, a got a fat belly. Funny though, I still never saw him eat - just going thru the motions and getting a fat belly. 1 week later, dead.

How old is your tank? Not QTing either? Best of luck to ya!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com