Question About My New Sixline Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sea Cat

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a sixline (about 1 and a half inches long) on Monday.
He is staying towards the top of the water level, in the back left corner of the tank.
He doesn't seem to be in distress, or breathing heavy.
He has come down to hide in a cave a couple times, but after 2 or 3 minutes, goes back to his upper corner.
Is he just shy, and acclimating to his new tank mates?
I read that a sixline will hide in a cave as opposed to hiding near the surface of the water, but I do realize there are exceptions to the rule.
He also seems to be filtering particles from the water surface from time to time. Possibly feeding?

His fish tank mates are three very peaceful Damsels, and a maroon clown who likes everyone but other clowns, and a quiet little yellow watchman.
So, I don't think anyone is scaring him there.

Any help would be great!

I'd give him a bit to adjust to his new surroundings.
My 6-line is very active and is on the constant move in and out of the LR.

I am sure he'll be fine.

Have you seen him eat?

I saw him eat, but unfortunately when I got home from work today, he was dead.
My mithrax crab was just finishing up on him, if you know what I mean.
blah :|

Mine spent 3 weeks in QT. Ate frozen foods a little. All of his eating was very brief -a couple of mouthfuls and done. Thinking he was OK, he went to the main. Moved in and out of the rocks constantly, so I'm thinking something was wrong with yours when you said he stayed in the corner for long periods. They constantly move, searching the rocks for pods to eat. Mine did that, a got a fat belly. Funny though, I still never saw him eat - just going thru the motions and getting a fat belly. 1 week later, dead.

How old is your tank? Not QTing either? :soap: Best of luck to ya!

Back
Top Bottom