Question regarding hammer coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew300

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a question regarding hammers. I was doing a water change and ever time I do one I like to get a turkey baster and blow the substrate and rock to get as much debris out as I can. While doing so I accidently sucked up a hear from my hammer after getting to close with the baster. The hammer closed up immediately, bit is slowly starting to come back out. Will this be a problem for it? Should I be worried? Thanks

It should be fine as long as everything is stable and pristine in the water column.
All parameters are good...the only thing that is I can't get rid of some cyano. I've already tried chemiclean bit it hasn't help. I've been doing water changes but it still comes back. Any suggestions on the cyano?

Then there are nutrients in the water column that the Cyanobacteria is consuming, giving 'good' readings. Large water changes with ro/di water while siphoning out the Cyanobacteria. Increasing flow will also help as Cyanobacteria prefers low flow.

Then there are nutrients in the water column that the Cyanobacteria is consuming, giving 'good' readings. Large water changes with ro/di water while siphoning out the Cyanobacteria. Increasing flow will also help as Cyanobacteria prefers low flow.
Alright thanks

Back
Top Bottom