Questions about QT Tank....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I have a 29g QT tank that has had my Copper Banded Butterfly for about the last 6 weeks. He had Ich, but was being reated with a copper treatment.

He is now completely cured, and I wanted to ask a few questions...

1. The Main tank is a 55g that is the same temp, and same SG. Can the Copper Banded Butterfly be transfered directly to the 55g, or does he need to be acclimated since he is comming from a tank with copper and going to a tank with out copper?

2. Can I put new fish in the QT tank right away, or do I need to let the QT tank go fishless for 30 days to make sure all parasites are dead?

Thanks,

-TheChad

As for question #1, make sure the ph is the same too, it probably is not, so I would acclimate.

Question #2, the copper should have killed off the parasites, that is the whole idea behind using it, so I would think it is safe to use the Qtine tank now for other fish.

Wouldn't u have to "clean" the fish so it wouldn't carry any copper into the main tank? Sry for the off-topic question

wash it by puting him in a bucket for about 5 mins, same temp, salinity etc

Back
Top Bottom