R.I.P Stripes The Zebra Moray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,

To everyone who was following my posted link about my sick zebra moray and/or trying to help. Thanks, unfortunately I came home from picking up a leather coral yesterday to find that she had passed away. Still unsure of how she died, but myself and a local fish expert will be conducting an autopsy of some sort in a few weeks to see if it was an internal factor that contributed to her downfall. If anyone would like the results of this please PM me and ill get back to you as soon as results are available.

I hope that i do find out what was wrong so that I can pass on the knowledge to fellow moray keepers!!

Thanks for your support everyone!

Maybe public post on here what was wrong so other fish/eel owners will learn from this too???

Sorry it died :cry:

Poor little bugger or big bugger. I am impressed you are going to go to such great lengths to determine the cause of death. I would like to know how it turns out "just out of curiosity"

Water parameters are: nitrates - 0, nitrites - 0, ammonia - 0, calc - 400.
Protein skimmer going like crazy as usual!

Well i'd like to know how it died, and to find out if i could've done anything to harm it or if there was nothing I could do. As I said before we dont know as much about Eels as we would or normal fish friends so if knowing how it died gives us a little more info on diseases in can inherit, symptoms and methods of dealing with it, we can all promote the well being of this species.

sorry man, that was a gorgeous specimen, do you know approx how long he went withou food, I am also curious to know what happened, my snowflake often goes on hunger strikes. Again, sorry for your loss.

it went without food for approx 14 days! My snowflake also goes on strikes but only for 3-4 days.. every now and then.. usually if i move rock it hunger strikes..

StripesTheEel said:
usually if i move rock it hunger strikes..

Fish do not like it when you :fiddle: with there enviorment it is best to leave things the way they are it reduces stress.

Back
Top Bottom