RBTA can't tell if it is sick or normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you dont it will die and crash your tank probably. i would return it and save up. let the tank mature, nems shouldnt be added until a tank is stable and at least 1 year old

I've heard 3 months, 6 months, 1 year. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

the only thing i have ever heard and read is one year. Believe one year. The anemone is a very sensitive animal, return it, save up, get better lighting, let your tank mature.

Sounds good. Thank you

You should be extremely careful when moving an anemone. If you damage the foot it could kill it. The gaping mouth would indicate that it's definitely not happy. This with the constant moving around. When an anemone moves it's to find a more suitable place. Something about your tank is not ideal. The lighting isn't the problem however....at least not at the moment. The reason i say this is that the anemone has strong color. If it was poor lighting it would most likely make it's way to the top of the rock and open as much as possible to increase surface area exposed to light, not wither and expel it's gut.
What test kits are you using to arrive at these numbers?

My lfs does all my water tests. I go once a week to have it checked.

So, for all you know they could be strips, or API kits? I would invest in my own quality test kits if I wanted to be sure.

It isn't strips, I've watched them text my water. Combination of liquids and devices to mix and such.

This place specializes in salt water aquariums. From building, to installing, to maintaining they do it all.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414069656.557219.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414069670.448697.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414069683.917346.jpg

1) picture of my tank fully lite.
2) where the Nem sits
3) the Nem this morning looking better (I can't explain it, maybe just getting rid of waste?)

Doesn't matter what it looks like today, your tank isn't mature/stable enough and you have no where near enough light for a nem. And I completely agree with owning your own quality kits (read not api or strips) because lfs will tell you what you want to hear so they can make a sale. Your next purchase should be a test kit of your own.

Buying one today

No idea what brand.

And I'm guessing: nitrates, nitrites, ph, phosphates, magnesium, calcium, alk, and ammonia

You can skip the ammonia and nitrite, there should be no reason to test for those in a cycled tank.

They don't look like that when they are getting rid of waste. I wonder if that holey rock could be effecting anything. That rock isn't going to do much in the way of denitrification. It's too dense.

Okay I'll look for the test kit today.

Should I move him? It seems to be the only rock he stayed put on.

You said the rock might be bad. Lol I don't want to move it I love where it ended up.

Back
Top Bottom