Red Fin Goby jumped through fish saver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
Somehow this fish managed to jump into the 2nd chamber where there is a tray above the bioballs. Sadly it died. :( And I have the new biocube 29, which comes with the fish saver. How would it fit through that space????

I got this Red Fin Goby about 3 months ago. I rarely saw him at all during these months. I would see it come out and eat and then rush back into the rockwork. It's a barebottom tank, so I don't know if he was happy. But if I looked for him I would find him just hanging out beneath a rock. He seemed to eat well. I have 2 clowns, flameback pygmy angel, and a purple firefish goby. I purchased a red flamehawk (baby) last week, so I'm wondering if he chased it out of the tank. Doesn't seem to be bothering anyone when I'm watching.

Does anyone think the flamehawk chased it? I hadn't fed them for about a day, wondering if they went crazy.

I think gobies are just jumpers. I only have experience with yellow watchman gobies. I have had 2 and both jumped to their death. With the first, he jumped into the overflow box and slid down into the sump where he got caught up in the filter floss and died. This was the first night I had him. With the second, I had egg crate on the top of the tank and he jumped through one of those tiny holes the second night i had him. They can't be any more than half inch wide!! Once I turned the lights off at night! I did see an increased activity level- they swam around like crazy- very fast!

I read other posts about jumping gobies too. I am going to order the mesh screen kit from BRS before I get another goby.

BTW one of the people who replied to my thread said their fire fish were jumpers too.

Back
Top Bottom