Red open brain coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pudgej1026

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I'm new to saltwater tanks and new to this forum so please excuse me. I purchased a 29 gallon Biocube from my cousin and it was ate up in green hair algae. I've had it now for about 2 1/2 months now. During the move a red open brain coral apparently got misplaced in the tank and about a month ago I found it, it was upside down underneath the rocks. I more or less rescued it and set it in the sand. Right now it is still living, inflates, eats, and all of that. The coral is no longer red, it is light pink and I can see the skeleton on the edges that is green from I assume algae. I do target feed it once a week. I am wondering if it will ever get its color back and fully recover. My nitrite - 0, nitrate - 0, ammonia - 0, ph - 8.4, and 1.020 specific gravity. I don't have test for anything else Brand new 10,000 T5 light and actinic has not been replaced in about a year. I hope this enough of info. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 95
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 77
If it still eats and inflates yes it should I had one a while ago that well behind the rocks for four months major oversite on my part but eventually the color did come back..

Thank I greatly appreciate it. How long roughly would you expect to have a full recovery?

I had a acan buried god knows how long till I found it had to be few months I always thought it fell behind the rock
it had no color left at all just white milky color
put it in sand bed upright it came back color and all took awhile but was worth the find

I must say, my open brain is looking better. Thanks everyone for the info.

image-3217545504.jpg

Back
Top Bottom