Red War Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home from work and notices my red war coral seems to be melting. Instead of the hard surface it seems to be completely softs. The colors have changed just the texture.

Adding some pictures in order to get a response.

Attachments

• RW1.JPG
    RW1.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 93
  • RW2.JPG
    RW2.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 91
  • RW3.JPG
    RW3.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 100
  • RW4.JPG
    RW4.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 99
Yes, it looks like it's melting. Sometimes the texture is soft and melting like and other times it's back to being hard again. But the flesh that is receding just started doing that.

I had a brain coral that started to recede and it ended up getting bleached. Have you moved it recently or started adding any supplements?

Ive moved it lower and toward the front of the tank which may have caused this. However, I typically move it every few months because I add new corals. I noticed the melting a week ago so it hasnt bleached in color yet.

it could have....can you move it back to the spot it was in and give it a few days? Maybe it's not happy there with the light or flow...

Just make sure you note if it improves what the conditions in that spot are, as far as flow and light level. Then you have a good idea where to next try it's placement.

i would never move a coral once i found it's sweet spot. the whole idea is keeping these marine creatures, not making them conform. making them happy should be your priority in my opinion.
favites don't need a lot of light ime.

I added a new/another powerhead so im thinking the flow plus the move. I am going to try and find the same amount of flow it had before.

Back
Top Bottom