Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-07-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Reddish gills and white spots??? Help!

Hello forum! I noticed my stepson's coral beauty angelfish is not as active as we got it. I observed that the gills is kind of orange and reddish in color same as with the base of its fins, around the mouth. There are also white spots. The reddish color is new to us. I looked at some books to try to identify the problem but I got no concrete answer. I don't know what is this disease, please help us to identify and advice us with the proper treatment. Thank you!

ayieh29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can you post a photo of your coral beauty? It'll help identify whats bothering him easier. From your description it sounds like it could be ich, are the white spots about the same size as a small grain of rice?

"If your wife ever asks how much something was for your tank, just tell her you got it on sale and you had to have it! She'll understand"

Krypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
With out a picture we cannot id the gill issue. Are the white spots like grains of salt on the fish?
michealprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
sounds like you might have ich. thats what the white spots could be. as for the red gills. need a pic. to be able to tell.
jeffwisely is offline   Reply With Quote

gills, white spots

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com