Reefs2go horrible experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moneymike1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Received my order from reefs2go anD ordered 20 snails. When opening the box the snails had very little water and I mean very little! So I acclimated them hoping that they were still alive and placed them in the tank. Not one of them moved for 2 days. I then decided to pull them out of the tank and do a smell test. They smelled horrible which means they were toast. I figured they were DOA. Waiting to see if I get a credit for them of not. I don't think I will ever order from them again! Just wanted to know if you guys had any experience with reefs2go. Good or bad I would like to hear it! Thanks!

Their snails aren't shipped in water like fish or corals. Sorry to hear about your experience, r2g is usually pretty good on their inverts.

Man a lot of unhappy people lately. I've had (knock on wood) nothing but good experiences with them.

I use them often

Ok I might try them again maybe I just had bad luck but I was hoping they would survive but only thing it did was throw my water parameters off which made me mad but was expected for putting a lot of dead matter in. Guess we will see what their customer service does, that will determine if I order again.

I've looked over your threads and from the looks of things this tank may be brand new. Is that correct? Did you cycle it or anything?

It was used for like 5 months and everything was going great then had power go out lost all fish to ick parasites. Then waited 2 months for parasite to die off then cycled again for 1 month and half then added fish. Been bout 2 months and wanted to add some clean up crew then this happened.

Think I should prob wait longer there are a ton of diatoms growing and algae.

I think the issue could be your water to be honest. Do you have any other snails or inverts in the tank already? Do you use a refractometer or hydrometer and what's your salinity at?

Parameters are perfect now. 0 across the boards for everything. But when the snails died I had a spike of nitrate of 10 ppm. Did a water change and now it's back to 0.

Invest in a refractometer before purchasing any more inverts. Hydrometers can be majorly off sometimes.

Ok I will do man thanks for the help. Ill look at one right now on eBay. Any certain brand?

I got mine off bulkreefsupply.com, good deal especially during group buys.

Back
Top Bottom