regal tang with ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajunbaby75

Aquarium Advice Regular
i noticed my regal tang had under skin bumps and white bumps and i contacted my fish store he suggested STOP PARASITE ,said it was an internal parasite > i followed instructions and monitored it about 5 hours after the first and only dose my coral beauty died i tested water my nitrate level was 100 mg all the other fish were stressing i did a 50 % water change everyone else is fine i contacted another place that was recommended to me to use he said it was ich and that tangs get it easily suggested adding garlic to food which i did, also i set up a QT but its been set up for @ 3 days is it ready? i am worried about losing my tang or any other fish what do i need to do to get rid of this?

please any comments or suggestions will be apperciated

First get the tang into the QT. I take water from the main tank to start the QT tank and then add fresh sw mix to the main tank. There's less stress to the fish that way.
Next, check the water parameters in both tanks. Get the nitrates levels down. I'd suggest daily water changes of 10%-20% but more experienced members might have other advice.

You might want to read this article to help identify.

I have had one outbreak of marine Ich and treated it in a QT with hyposalinity (slowly lower the SG to 1.009 and keep it there for a month).

Tell us more about your setup. . .
How big is the tank?
What's in it?
What are all the water parameters (Ph, Ammonia, nitrite, Nitrate, etc)?
What are you using for filtration?

HTH,

Cmor

90 gal FOWLR with a juvi emperor, clown tang, regal tang,clown fish,royal gramma,goby, snails everthing is fine now since i did a 50 % change <water parameters> fuval 304 and a protein skimmer

i placed my tang in QT last night started treatment with stop parasite noticed clown tang in main tank has it now any suggestions to getting it clear in both tanks HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

You need to either get the fish out of the main tank or get the LR and snails into another tank... and keep them separate for at least 4 weeks. That is the life cycle of marine ICH. It can only survive if there is a host (fish) for it to attach to.

Read this article.

"The first choice you must make is whether to treat in the main display tank or in a quarantine tank. The main display tank can be treated if it is "Fish Only" and contains no invertebrates or live rock. The live rock itself will survive the treatment, but any invertebrates living on and in it will be killed. If the tank is truly "Fish Only" treating the tanks is probably the best option as there will be less stress to the inhabitants and it helps you to eliminate the "Ich" in the main tank.

If the main display tank is "Fish Only With Live Rock", it may be possible to move the live rock to another tank and treat the main tank, but in most cases and when the tank is "Reef" tank, removing the fish to a quarantine tank is the only option.

When a quarantine tank is to be used, it is wise to fill the quarantine tank with water from the main tank when the fish to be treated are moved. This will help reduce the stress of the move and alleviate the acclimation process. It may still be necessary to acclimate the fish if time has passed from when the water was transferred and the fish are transferred. "

well regal tank died last night she was the worst to much stress ive started treatment with clout i am keeping records of it so far so good it was started yesterday when i said i started treatment anyone ever used it?

Back
Top Bottom