Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Rescue operation for a probable lost cause

Today the LFS gave me some sort of acro frag. It's mostly dead because they had it under a single T8 bulb (corporate BS. They can't get new lights yet).
Very little actual tissue left, and I figure it's most likely too far gone to save.
On the off chance that it isn't, I'm outlining what I have done so far.
My lighting is not good enough for an acro long term. No way. Two T5 HO bulbs, 54 watts each. However, I figure it's a small enough step up from the T8 that it won't do more damage.
My rockwork doesn't reach high enough to bring the frag closer to the lights than about 10 inches (8 of which are water), so I glued the frag plug to a suction cup and stuck it to the front of my overflow box about 3 inches below the surface.
There is a powersweep pump that blows across it.
Can anyone (Calling Mr X!) think of anything I can do to improve it's chances? Pic will be coming tomorrow when the lights are on again.
Someone stop me! Please! But... not just yet...
55 Gal Tropical FW
55 Gal Mixed Reef
MacDracor is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com