Ricordea going down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've just been having a bad stretch of luck here. One thing happens then ends and another comes along. So far nothing that hasn't recovered and returned to normal. Now my orange Ricordea looks like this! I've always had bad luck with this one because it's always getting blown around and just won't stay anywhere. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451706477.766544.jpg

That should be an orange Ricordea on that frag plug...about the size of a quarter. Lights have been off in the tank for 2 hours.

Ammonia, nitrite, phosphate - 0
Nitrate 0-10
Temp 78.6
Ph 8.17

Calc 420
Mag 1200
ALK 7.8? I think.

EDIT: I finally glued this Ricordea down to that frag plug 2 or so days ago. It had a piece of rock rubble it was attached to so I glued that small piece down to the plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your alkalinity is pretty low IMO.
For inverts and corals I try to stay in the 10-11 range shooting for 10 , more afraid of going low then high...
One of my tanks eats alkalinity so I have to dose weekly.
It really can go from 11 to 8-9 in 7 days for me.
I think the alkalinity is your issue(again?)..

Like leathers they can close up for a week or so and then open back up fine...(fickle)
But work on raising your DKH...

I'll dose a little more today as I'm sure you've seen I complain about my ALK tests a lot. Maybe instead of the new additions I should have taken priority with a new ALK tester. It's open again today thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

8.4 kh will bring it into balance with calcium at 420

Your mag is also low that needs to be around 1350

Back
Top Bottom