Ricordea looks like it is going to be bleach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyingbulldog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

image-3562953169.jpg

Thanks for taking time to read this. I have several Yuma ricordeas and one got into a fight with a hairy mushroom.

I separated the two. Moved the mushroom to a lower part of the tank. Now the mushroom has been significantly shrinking, losing color and has a mucous coming out the middle?

Any knowledge to Pass along? Thanks!!!

Usually ricordea and mushrooms are ok to be together. I have numerous of each all touching each other and all is good. I'm stumped. But the mucous is usually a bad thing so just wait and see if it comes back to health. Really nothing you can do but remember dying corals release things you don't want in your water so do a pwc and test your water to make sure all is ok so the rest of the tank isn't effected.

I am stumped too. I did a weekly water change. Tested everything in parameters( I mean everything) the ricordea next to it is also starting to lose color and shrink. It reminds me of a flu? It has color and is still alive. Only time will tell. I spent too much money to watch a diseas spread with all my shrums...

New info.

Spoke to an expert at LFS. His thoughts was maybe it is starving. So I bought oyster feed and will feed 3 times a week. With skimmer off and pumps off for 20-30 mins.

Feed the tank and a lot of mushrooms reacted to the feeding. As long as the shurm has a little color it is still alive. Next step will be dip to remove anything in the coral?

Back
Top Bottom