ridded ICK or have i?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok guys i finally got all the ick of my blue tang and it is not on any of my other fish (chromies and cleaner wrasse) which is great i have been ick free for 4 days. I was and still treating with a reef safe product (myzine) and it seems to have done the trick.
the question i have is I know you are suppose to leave the the tank fishless for 8 weeks which would indicate that the parasite is gone. But i also know that it needs a fish to host it, within a short time frame. Being that this hasnt happened in the last 4 days does this mean that they are dead???

i dont wanna put fish in for a good 8 weeks anyways i just want to know this ordeal is over.

In my experience none of the "snake oil" ich cured have ever worked for me.. you've got to break its lifecycle by going fallow for 8 weeks.

I thought this too unless somehow they have all have great immune systems? I do give garlic just to add. But this alone will not do anything for the ICH.
I also have been doing so much reading on reef safe cures it seems as though alot of people have had sucsess with these methods - NO-ICh marine is one that has alot of documentation about it from people in this and other forums. so i think it could be possible.

Hopefully the guys can stay without ich for another 8 weeks (not all that confident), i will keep treatment up just in case it is working.

neilster1 said:
In my experience none of the "snake oil" ich cured have ever worked for me.. you've got to break its lifecycle by going fallow for 8 weeks.

(y)

easier said then done.

so far 1.5 weeks no ich

Back
Top Bottom